Having problems with the dark circles under the eyes? The skin under the eyes is thin and delicate, to begin with. As we age, skin and the fat pad under the eyes becomes thinner, causing blood vessels to become noticeable. This gives the appearance of dark circles. Sun damage can make it worse because it weakens the skin.
Allergies and Hay fever
Dark circles under the eyes can be the result of allergies to airborne substances, such as pollen, dust, and pet dander because people rub their itchy eyes. People with hay fever may notice them at the height of the season. Food allergies or sensitivities can also contribute to dark circles.
Dark circles under the eyes run in families. They tend to be more noticeable in people with fair skin or deep-set eyes.
Blood vessels under the eyes can become dilated and engorged, which can contribute to dark circles. Excess dietary salt and smoking are common causes. Conditions that cause fluid retention (e.g. heart, thyroid, kidney, liver diseases) or medications that cause blood vessel dilation may be a factor. Your doctor should be aware of any symptoms you’re experiencing. Apply Coolherbals Anti-aging neck paste to draw out fluids from this delicate area. Contact us for availability.
Lack of sleep
A lack of sleep can make skin appear more pale, which allows blood vessels to be more visible through the skin, giving the appearance of bluish or dark circles.
Iron Deficiency Anemia
Iron deficiency anemia may cause a bluish tinge below the eyes. If you are not getting enough Iron from your diet having it from a Supplement. Try 2 daily Coolherbals Advanced Protein, Vitamins and Minerals capsules.
Dark circles under the eyes can be a sign of dehydration.
Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
There are some home remedies that may help to temporarily diminish the appearance of dark circles under the eyes, and prevent dark circles from worsening.
1. Keep Hydrated. Be sure to drink enough water.
2. Wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 under the eyes to prevent skin weakening caused by sun damage. Coolherbals sun block cream would help.
3. Get plenty of rest.
4. Apply plain cool teabags over closed eyes. Don’t use herbal teabags, because most aren’t as effective.
5. Apply cool cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes.
6. Be careful not to consume too much dietary salt.
7. Apply Coolherbals Radiant Cream. Its lactic acid (yogurt ingredient), liquorice and zinc oxide help in whitening the skin naturally.